Chris Gorges provides an effective, nonjudgmental and supportive outlet for ASL students to practice and review their skills. As an ASL instructor, I enthusiastically recommend this wonderful resource to my students and everyone else as well to learn, practice and review.Trent Wade | ASL Instructor
- Beyond the Basics
- 1:1 Programs
- 7-Day ASL Bootcamp
- Interpreting mentorship programs
- 30-Day Crash Course
- Weekly group practice sessions held every Wednesday
- Meet and practice ASL with other students
- Learning tips and Q&As afterwards
- Receive a free copy of “6 Steps to Sign Language Fluency”
- Get exclusive invitations to LIVE classes and other special events
- Access to special discounts and promotions
- The first in a brand new series called “The Fox Family Adventures”
- “A Day at the Beach” is a story about forgiveness and friendship
NEW 30 Day Crash Course
In many respects, learning a new language is a marathon. To give ourselves the best chance for success at finishing the race it often takes good preparation, training, and support.
That is why we are holding a 30 Day Crash Course during the month of August to help you become more successful in learning sign language and help prepare you for long-term success.
Beyond the Basics
With Beyond the Basics you will be able to attend two live WORKSHOPS every month! You will also immediately unlock unlimited access to all of our previous workshops, classes, group sessions, and more the moment you sign up.
A full list of benefits is listed below.
- TWO workshops every month
- Unlimited access to all previous workshop, classes, and more
- Private Facebook Group
- Invitation to exclusive livestreams
- Early access to videos
- 2 free months of premium access to Skillshare
- Permanent 10% discount on all merch
Our YouTube Channel
Thank you so much for these videos! My friend is deaf in one ear and is becoming totally deaf and your videos make it so much easier to communicate with her.– Vivian
Learning a new language can be fun, exciting, and empowering. However, at the same time it can be difficult and challenging. That is why I wanted to provide tools that can help make learning sign language a fun and engaging process.
For example, on YouTube I have created some simple and easy to follow lessons to help you build a solid foundation for your new sign language journey.
If you are completely new to the language, you may want to start with my “Learn the Basics” series where we cover things such as the ABCs, numbers, colors, animals, and also the first 100 signs you need to know. You can also find all of our videos all in one place right here.
I also have a other videos that cover themed based vocabulary on location, for example, teaching signs for zoo animals at a zoo. These are a fun way to make learning new vocabulary fun and entertaining.
You can find all of my lessons, interviews, and tips on my YouTube channel where I publish a new videos regularly. Subscribing is a great way to be consistent and add new vocabulary, gain insights into deaf culture, and receive some great learning tips. Plus, its free!
What others are saying
- You’re a terrific instructor. – Alan Olson
- I love your videos, so clear and easy to follow. Thank you for making these videos. – R. Wolter
- So informative and inspiring. – Yumika
- I love the way you teach. You have helped my 8 year old son to learn over 100 words. He really loved the animal one. Thank you so much for what you do. – Maria
- Hi Chris, I love your videos! They are so easy to follow! Thank you. – Anne
I just wanted to say THANK YOU. Your videos have been a great resource for me and I really like the Facebook group as well. I know it must take a lot of time, the captioning alone is a lot of work and I think you should know that it is so very much appreciated. I love your style of videos, because it’s appropriate for both me and my kiddos. So again, thank you for taking the time to do it.Zoe
For updates on all our latest content, be sure to check out our blog.
FIND US ON SOCIAL
In addition to creating videos on YouTube, we also help others learn ASL via social media. Don’t take our word for it though, here is what others are saying about us.
Below are some of the social media platforms you can find us on. Come join us!
SUPPORT OUR MISSION
ASL Basics was created with the goal of offering free educational content to allow anyone the opportunity to learn sign language online. I am very grateful that so far we have been able to do just that. We have enabled tens of thousands of people from dozens of countries to learn sign language.
According to the National Institute on Deafness (NIDCD) as many as 3 of every 1,000 children are born with hearing loss and more than 90% of deaf children are born to hearing parents.
Your support would mean that we could continue to produce free educational content to empower hearing parents to communicate with their deaf or hard-of-hearing children, teachers the ability to directly communicate with their deaf students, or afford anyone the opportunity to learn sign language and be a part of the deaf community.
Donations are very appreciated and go a long way in helping us continue to provide as many resources as possible to help others overcome the various challenges of learning a new language and empower them to be successful in the long-term.