Learning a new language can be extremely fun and very exciting, but it can also be really challenging at times. For instance, here are a few comments that I’ve heard over the years from those learning sign language.
- “I don’t have anyone to practice with.”
- “I want to learn, but I’m not sure where to start.”
- “There is no one in my area that signs.”
- “I just don’t have enough time.”
- “I have a hard time understanding the grammar.”
- “I’ve been learning for a while, but I feel like I’m not making much progress.”
If you can relate to any of those comments yourself, then you’ll really enjoy our upcoming 7-day Challenge.
The 7-day Challenge is designed to help you accelerate your progress, build a solid foundation in ASL, and help you gain more confidence in using sign language. Starting on November 2nd, we will kick off the challenge with a series of classes, challenges, practice sessions, resources, Q&As, and a supportive community that will help you every step of the way.
What can I expect?
Each day you will be presented with a variety of resources that will help build up your vocabulary and give you what you need to complete a daily challenge. You’ll then have the opportunity to give and get feedback on each challenge you complete from a supportive and non-judgement community of students.
Every evening at 5pm Pacific we will be hosting a live session on Zoom where we will assign you to a practice group so you can immediately put into practice what you have learned that day. This really helps solidify what you have learned and helps build up both your expressive and receptive skills in the language. After you finish with your practice group, we will hold a class that will cover how you can make learning sign language a long-term success. Afterwards we will do open Q&A where we can discuss any questions you may have.
If you are unable to attend the evening sessions, don’t worry, replays of each class and Q&A session will be made available for you to watch at any time.
By the end of the program, the one thing you can expect to get are RESULTS. Don’t take our word for it though, check out what others have said about our last 7-day program.
- I love that everyone was kind and respectful. I would definitely do it again! – Najg
- “OMG … this week has been amazing! I have learned so much and I have gained so much more confidence! In fact, I have an acquaintance that is deaf/hh and I had the courage to record a message for her using all sign!” – Jeanne
- “Practicing with others is something that’s been missing for me. As a whole, I found the 7-day bootcamp to be very motivating.” – Kim
- “I love that it was non judgmental and everyone helped each other out without making you feel wrong or stupid.” – Marie
- “The best part … no one in this class judged anyone and everyone was helpful to each other.” – Jon
- “I loved all the challenges and all the new information! The whole week was a plethora of knowledge, learning, and getting out of my comfort zone and truly opening so much opportunity to REALLY learn!!!” – Jeanne
When does it start?
The 7-day Challenge officially kicks off on November 2nd and we will be holding a live orientation on October 30th for everyone that is enrolled at that time. The orientation, practice sessions, classes, and Q&As will all start at 5:00 PM Pacific. If for any reason you are unable to attend these sessions live, replays will be made available for you to watch at any time. Below are all of the dates for each day of the program.
Orientation – Friday 10/30
Day 1 – Monday 11/2
Day 2 – Tuesday 11/3
Day 3 – Wednesday 11/4
Day 4 – Thursday 11/5
Day 5 – Friday 11/6
Day 6 – Monday 11/9
Day 7 – Tuesday 11/10
How do I sign up?
This course is now included for FREE with a Beyond the Basics membership! You will also unlock FULL ACCESS to all of our other exclusive videos, workshops, and other courses such as our 30-Day Crash Course and the 7-day ASL Bootcamp. Sign up for a 7-day free trial with the link below.
If you have any questions regarding our upcoming 7-day Challenge, please feel free to send us an email to email@example.com.
8 thoughts on “7-Day Challenge”
I joined the 7 day challenge. I would like to become a member as soon
as a spot is available. Thank You Connie
That’s great! I’m sure you are going to really enjoy the program. You have already been accepted into the private Facebook group for the 7 day challenge. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.
I’m so excited to start the 7-day challenge. Do I have to have a Facebook account to participate? I want to makes sure I take full advantage of the course
It’s not necessary, but it is a great way to take part in the challenges for each day
What does a member entail? And what’s the cost?
You can sign up for a free trail of our Beyond the Basics membership which will unlock our entire catalog of exclusive content, including our two past courses, the 7-Day ASL Bootcamp and the 30-Day Crash Course. After the free trail ends, the membership is $10 a month. The 7-day Challenge however is currently a separate course which just started yesterday. There are still a couple spots available if you would like to join. It is currently set to $99 but you can use the promo code ASLBASICS50 to take $50 off your registration. I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to let me know, thanks!
Is there going to be a time change? In NY it went 1 hour back so right as I am writing this comment it is 5:45 pm.
We went back the same hour, so the practice sessions will continue to be held at 5:00 PM Pacific (8:00 PM Eastern) and the classes will start at 5:45 PM Pacific (8:45 PM Eastern).