I recently did an Intro to ASL class that covers a lot of the basics of sign language, such as how to sign the alphabet, numbers 1-10, and how to introduce yourself in sign language. However, I also teach how you can learn faster and stay motivated for longer.
In this class you will learn …
- Two things not to skip when learning ASL
- The power of the 3Ms
- Learn the ASL alphabet
- Learn how ASL is still evolving
- How Deaf scientists are reinventing sign language
- Learn how to sign numbers 1-10
- Learn how to introduce yourself in ASL
- The importance of review
- Favorite signs
- Where you can find great ASL resources
I also answered a few common questions such as, “Are all sign languages the same?” and “How important are facial expressions in sign language?”
As a bonus, you’ll even learn how to sign “Nice to meet you” in Japanese Sign Language!
If you are just getting started with learning sign language, this is a great place to start!
If you know someone that would benefit from this class or is interested in learning sign language, feel free to share this with them.